Imports of vehicles from the USA into the European Union are related to the following costs:
- purchase price
- and excise (only PL)
|Customs rates||%||or %|
|Pick up / Truck||10||22|
Duty, VAT and excise tax accrue on a cumulative basis from the purchase value plus transportation costs.
The order of calculation is as follows: duty, VAT, excise tax ( AKC – applies only in PL ) .
List of potential import costs and charges depending on source of purchase:
- The net price of buying a vehicle in the USA, for example at an auction or from a dealer,
- commissions for mediation only in the purchase of a vehicle in the US $ 200,
- Road transport: carriage from the place of purchase to the port,
- auction fees – depending on the value of the vehicle,
- Ocean freight in a container: cost from $ 500 to $ 1500 per vehicle depending on vehicle size and port location,
The current import charges in other countries should be checked by the local customs office in the country of destination.